Friday, June 21, 2013

Positive Cycles


This lovely morning I rode my bicycle to Bridge St. United Church for what was probably the last time before we move into our new home at the other end of Belleville. Sunday is actually my last day of work before we leave town to finish packing and making the move.  We have been living just beyond the western-most dotted line on the map above.

I have enjoyed the brief, ten-minute, ride which takes me along the edge of the Bay of Quinte by Zwick's Park, then across and up the Moira River to Bridge St. In two months I have seen the trees come into leaf and the water lilies and cattails emerge. The rainy Spring has meant that the level and flow of the Moira has remained high. I have seen carp roiling at the shore's edge as they mated, and innumerable painted and snapping turtles, some on the trail as they headed up to lay eggs. The osprey pair in Zwick's Park have established their nest on the platform. There are so many other birds as well.

Those few minutes of the ride remind me that my life is not just my work, and the world God has created is glorious -- if I am willing to experience it.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment