Thursday, April 4, 2019

Open for...Belugas?



 I've been putting off getting new licence plates, even though the ones on my vehicle were falling to pieces. I knew that I could be stopped by the police if numbers were obscured but, hey, procrastination. Well, Premier Ford and the Regressive Conservatives of Ontario motivated me to get new plates, which turned out to be provided gratis. Apparently the RC's are planning to change the "Ours to Discover" motto which has been around for 35 years or so, perhaps to a campaign slogan from the last election, "Open for Business." In what is surely a blatant lie, Ford claims Ontarians are clamouring for a change...ya right. I'm not cranked about "Ours to Discover" but I waited patiently in line to make sure my vehicle isn't turned into a crass billboard for the current government.

 

I do like the different plates suggested by the David Suzuki Foundation -- yes, there are beluga whales, about 25,000 in Hudson Bay. I realize that my views as a Christian don't count for much, but anything that draws attention to our being "open to creatures" sits well with my faith sensibilities. This may seem silly, but not nearly as ignorant as a government which is dismantling environmental regulations and firing the environmental commissioner. 

Bye the way, this critter did cycle to the gym this morning, and it was frosty!

   


No comments:

Post a Comment