Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Weight of Humanity and Care for Creation

Turtle Cove by Brandy Masch
 Turtle Cove

Reading the Saturday Globe and Mail I came across an ad for an upcoming exhibit of work by BC artist Brandy Masch, in Toronto. I went looking for more information and discovered other remarkable images of the Weight of Humanity paintings by Masch.

In this Groundling blog I often reflect on the realities of human pressure on the planet, and our seeming inability to co-exist with other creatures. I regularly cite scripture passages from our Judeo-Christian tradition as compass points for care-full living in Creation.  I've also mentioned the Aboriginal concept of Planet Earth as Turtle Island. 

I find that Masch's paintings are an invitation to consider who we are in the world and ask me to consider how to "live with respect in Creation."  (UCC New Creed.)



Tip of the Iceberg 

The Mayberry Gallery is across from the Art Gallery of Ontario, if I recall correctly, so we may go to both between April 6th and 27th to appreciate the scope of these evocative paintings. 

Thank you Brandy!

 The Gardener by Brandy Masch

The Gardener










No comments:

Post a Comment