Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Celtic Intersections

Image result for john philip newell books

The concluding session of my study group with a lovely bunch from Trenton United Church will take place tomorrow morning (9:30 AM, feel free to join us.) In the two weeks since we postponed from the original date there have been several interesting serendipitous occurrences -- providential?

February 1st was St. Brigid's Day, and I will be talking about Brigid as one of the three patron saints of Ireland.

I'll also speak about Irish/Canadian Barbara Beresford Kroeger who is a world renowned botanist whose documentary Call of The Forest: The Forgotten Wisdom of Trees touches on her Irish and Celtic roots. I discovered that she is working on another book as well, entitled The Celtic Connection. I can hardly wait. https://www.straight.com/movies/882746/diana-beresford-kroeger-shares-ancient-wisdom-trees

Image result for john philip newell books

Then on the weekend I discovered that John Philip Newell, one of the foremost writers on Celtic spirituality was interviewed and preached at Grace Episcopal Cathedral in San Francisco. I listened to the hour-long conversation and it was very worthwhile. I'll let the study participants know about it because it would certainly augment what we have discussed together.

Here is the link, in the event you are interested. Don't be daunted by the length!

https://www.gracecathedral.org/events/the-forum-with-john-philip-newell-john-muir-as-celtic-prophet/

Image result for john philip newell books



No comments:

Post a Comment