Monday, February 4, 2019

Sowing the Seeds of Creation Faith

An Ecological Reading of Matthew 13:1-9 (Elaine Wainwright)

The Sower Bertram Poole

I'm like a lot of us in that I'll start off on an internet search, ending up in sometimes weird and worthless places, while at other times discovering something of equal or greater value than my original quest.

That happened recently when I went searching for articles by Dr. Lisa Dahill who researches and writes on what I feel is the increasingly important subject of worshipping outside. I found two excellent articles, including Life in All its Fullness: Christian Worship in the Natural World. Along the way I found a website called AllCreation.org which describes its content as "a living archive of faith and spiritual practice views on biodiversity and today's environmental challenges." The illustration above accompanies a piece by Elaine Wainwright about Jesus' parable of the sower called An Ecological Reading of Matthew 13:1-9  . http://www.allcreation.org/home/matthew-13

If the intersection of faith and Creation Care is important to you, take a look. It's good to know that there are people out there sowing the seeds. http://www.allcreation.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment